Викторина "Слабое звено".
- What is the main square in London?
- What is the name of the famous clock in London?
- What is the name of the square in Moscow where you can see the Kremlin?
- Where is Putilkovo situated – in the east or in the west of Russia?
- What city is the capital of Scotland?
- What Russian city stands on the Neva River?
- On what river does London stand?
- Where was William Shakespeare born?
- Is Brighton a town or a river?
- What is the British Queen’s name?
- What is the name of the British Queen’s eldest son?
- In what street does the British Prime Minister live?
- What is a “double-decker”?
- What monument is in the middle of Trafalgar Square?
- Which mountain is higher – Everest or Elbrus?
- Which is bigger – France or Spain?
- Where is the Eiffel Tower situated?
- Where is the Statue of Liberty?
- What is the English for “тысяча”?
- There are two most famous university-cities in the UK –Oxford and … ?
- Was Ernest Hemingway a writer or a composer?
- Who was the first cosmonaut in the world?
- What is the plural of “sheep”?
- Is Britney Spears from the UK or from the USA?
- When do the British celebrate Christmas?
- When do Russian people celebrate Christmas?
- What holiday do we celebrate on the 14th of February?
- On what holiday do people dress as witches or ghosts?
- What is the symbol of England?
- What is the symbol of Northern Ireland?
- On what holiday do people give each other painted eggs?
- What is the name of the day after Christmas?
- When was the English Queen born – in April or in May?
- What colours does the Russian flag have?
- What is the capital of Russia?
- When did the Great Patriotic War begin?
- When do we celebrate Victory Day?
- What are summer months?
- Is the thistle a plant or an animal?
- Can tulips be black?
- Who lived in Sherwood forest?
- Who is the President of the Russian Federation?
- In what season do people ski?
- Finish the proverb: East or West - …
- What is the English for “сто”?
- What is the Russian for “hungry” ?
- What colour is snow?
- What is the capital of France?
- What is the name of the famous detective who lived in Baker Street?
- Who wrote about Tom Sawyer?
- Are cucumbers fruit or vegetables?
- Do people wear boots or sandals in winter?
- In what city can we see the Hermitage?
- Which is correct – on Monday or in Monday?
- Who lives in Buckingham Palace?
- What colour are London’s buses?
- Who founded St. Petersburg?
- How many days are there in March?
- Is the Earth round or square?
- What is the largest country in the world?
- What can we see at night – the moon or the sun?
- What is the coldest season? .
- What colour is the sun?
- What animal has the longest neck?
- When do people carry umbrellas – when it rains or when the sun shines?
- Do the English like drinking tea with milk or with lemon?
- What do the English say when the clock shows 5.30 - it’s half past 5 or it’s half past 6?.
- How many floors do English houses usually have?
- What is Pushkin’s name?
- Where do people go if they want to buy something?
- Where is Florida – in the USA or in Great Britain?
- What is the longest river in Europe?
- Is cricket a winter or summer sport?
- Where does the kangaroo live?
- How many sons does Elisabeth II have?
- Who discovered America?
- Where did the Beatles come from?
- Who wrote about Robinson Crusoe?
- How many years did Robinson Crusoe live on the island?
- Is Scotland in the north or in the south of Great Britain?
- Who is the author of the story “Капитанская дочка”?
- What is the name of the famous American cartoon maker?
- What is the 2nd form of the verb “begin”?
- Which is correct – the money is on the table or the money are on the table?
- Say the word “mouse” in the plural.
- What is the name of the Princess of Wales who died in a car crash in Paris?
- What is the name of the agent 007?
- What is the opposite of “big”?
- What is the official name of Great Britain?
- What birds live in the tower of London?
- What is the symbol of Halloween?
- Is Snowdon a mountain or a lake?
- What is the most famous University in Russia?
- Who founded Moscow University?
- Who wrote “Romeo and Juliet”?
- What is the capital of Germany?
- Is the temperature in summer below zero or above zero?
- What animals bark?
- What day of the week comes before Sunday?
- What day of the week comes after Wednesday?
- Which month of a year is the shortest?
1. The Union Jack is…
a) the flag of the UK
b) the flag of Scotland
c) the flag of Wales
d) the flag of England.
2. Whitehall is…
a) a street leading from Trafalgar Square to the Houses of Parliament;
b) a big hall in the centre of London;
c) a white palace near Trafalgar Square;
d) the palace where the Queen lives in summer.
3. The Great Fire of London broke out in …
4. Sir Christopher Wren built…
a) Buckingham Palace
b) Westminster Abbey
c) St. Paul’s Cathedral
d) The Tower of London.
5. The National Gallery is in …
a) Piccadilly Circus
b) Parliament Square
c) Trafalgar Square
d) Leicester Square
6. Westminster is a … centre of London.
7. Great Britain is separated from the continent by …
a) The Pacific Ocean
b) The Irish Sea
c) The Bristol Channel
d) The English Channel
8. The Head of state in Britain is …
a) The Prime Minister
b) The President
c) The Queen
d) The Speaker
9. The Christmas tree which is put in Trafalgar Square before Christmas is a present from …
10. London’s famous Zoo is in …
a) St. James’s Park
b) Regent’s Park
c) Hyde Park
d) Central Park.